Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Experiments for new ideas

Here are some tests for my ideas that are inspired by Hundertwasser's architecture and a plant I found in Kew gardens.


I was thinking about what kind of structure can suit for shrimp, then I found this. This structure reminds me racket or tree. I planned to dig some holes around the frame and through those round staff. Then by connecting them with fish thread, I can create a net like structure. It may look nice if I tie some moss onto it. And it is good for shrimp to hold. Also this structure won't accumulate their excreta, which would pollute the water if it is not consumed by plants or cleaned in time.


I really love the colour of this plant, the contrast of pink and blue and green. It fully conform the feeling of dreamlike that I want to achieve. 


Then I was trying to drawing this combination of colour into different things. This one is a whale. Someone said it looked like a high-heeled shoes.


So I tried to make them out by coloured slabs.  For the first idea, the slabs I have made are too thin for me to dig a hole without breaking it. Since the clay body will shrink a lot after getting dry, so if the initial hole is not big enough, nothing can get through it after a secondary shrinkage during firing. Hence I need to do another test of this idea, trying to make these shapes out in another way.

As to the second idea, I think I need more exercise to achieve a delicate looking. The piece looks quite clumsy right now. It is not easy to control the outline of different colours, especially when I have to roll them flat afterwards.

Anyway, it is still too early to give up. I have to really push more and see how they go.



No comments:

Post a Comment