Search This Blog

Saturday 16 May 2015

Laniakea: Form Experiment 5


I made more small to middle range 'universe bubbles'. Clays are grogged pink clay and smooth raku clay, which have grog in similar size. 

For these two, I tried to show the process of one bubble split into more. But their shapes are not quite right.

As to this one, I came up with another idea to express the process of splitting. However, I should make the opening into another face so that it can be more like a bubble.




after bisque firing.

The following images show the first prototype if the ceramic sphere tank that I want to make. If this one worked well, then I will make a bigger one.

The front of the tank will be sealed with a glass, and the rest of the tank will be ceramic. With double sides glazes and fired to stoneware, it should be able to hold the water.

The main problem is how to connect the glass with the ceramic. I knew I can use silicone to glue them together, but I need to think about the water pressure and good looking.

How the ideas changed.


I realised that following the opening, the work has a strange 'neck', which makes it less like a bubble. I should avoid it when I make the big one.



No comments:

Post a Comment