Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Exhibition: Christian Marclay - White Cube Gallery Bermondsey


Christian Marclay 

1955-
artist based in London and New York

Marclay has interest in the relationship between sound and image. The following image was taken from a video he made, which is consist of numerous onomatopoeia taken from comic books. It is interesting. However, it was a lot of information for me to take in, that I could not bear to stay in that space.


In comparison, I am more fond of his works on canvas and paper. He spilled paints on the canvas or paper first,  then printed onomatopoeia.

I like the colour he used, as well as the lavish layers in the paintings.







The other series of work really interests me. There is a bullseye glass on each of them, above a found sheet music. When you look through the bullseye glass, the sheet blow looks has been twisted into a fantastical shape, which gives a miraculous feeling. I wonder if I can combing something like this with my design to give more fantastical feeling to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment