Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 March 2015

MADM: Pop Up Show


We held a two days pop up show in the Camberwell Space, to show our recent progress. I found some of the works are quite interesting.



These two are the works did by our two full-time students. They joined our major last year, and are going to graduate with us. The left one's maker are trying to transform lunch boxes found in a sensitive period of China into something else. The right one's maker is more focus on studying and practicing certain Chinese traditional weaving skill. At the moment, she made metal weaved lamps.


The following one is done by Angelique. I always think she has a lot of knowledge, and it is thought-provoking to chat with her. This work is made of silk. She said the instruction of this technique can be found online by searching 'silk paper'. After the 'treatment', the silk became hard, with different tactile impression. I really like the organic twisting texture on her work, like a winding river.







These tiny little worlds are made by Yang, full of the feeling of surrealism. I don't really know the meaning of them, but I found they are fascinating. They brings lots of imagination. It is curious to me that how people like observing small things. It seems that we can never feel tired by just looking. I wonder if I can learn something for my project.




No comments:

Post a Comment