Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Laniakea: Form Experiment 4



The image above is my recent sketch.  There are three main body in the image, triangular objects, ceramic bubbles and acrylic squares in the middle of the water. I am going to make a small group of model first, seeing how is the effect to put them together in the water.

The following images show some bubbles I made. The bubbles were partly press mould, partly pinched. Then they were sanded.

Here is the big one I made. I made 1 or 2 holes on them,  trying to find a way to keep them in the middle of the water after firing. 

These bubbles are not fully match the shape that I imagine, but not too bad. Perhaps I should find a chance to observe real bubbles, or try casting balloons? Then there will be a question, is it necessary to make it as real as possible? I think at least, when look at it, I can think about bubbles rather than some vegetables.







No comments:

Post a Comment