Search This Blog

Monday 24 November 2014

Hospital Project 7


It was a shame that until the deadline of this project we still didn't find the resolution to all the problems we had. In the end, everyone had no passion or time to do more experiments.

1. Salt water.
Salt water makes silicone sticky. We tried sugar water, which didn't work, only leaving a lot of mould. I got some information about potential replacements from someone studying chemistry, but we didn't make any further efforts. At last, we only remade the glass bottle version. 

2. Stand
I sanded off the engraved name on the surface of the stands, and applied new wood coat. 

3. Package
Yuta and I thought about using wood box. However, we could not found suitable ready made box online. As to make by ourselves, it was just too time consuming. We even considered to get a slightly bigger box online, and put soft foam inside. But we had no idea how to cut the foam in to a neat, fitting shape for the bottles. So in the end, I decided to use the original paper board box came with the bottles. I sprayed them with matt black lacquer. For easier identification, I painted small marks on the boxes with red acrylic. 

Following pictures are how they look in the end.




Even the doctor appeared to be happy about the outcome, I felt bad about how this project ended. It didn't only happen to our group. Since this project was not compulsory or life-relating, everyone just wanted to end it as soon as possible. And it was hard to complain anything or anyone. There was no enthusiasm between people. And I found, sometimes the atmosphere floating around us is really important. Personally, I cool down quite easily that I need someone to cheer me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment