Search This Blog

Thursday 5 February 2015

Creative Collaboration - 1. Brief


Creative Collaboration - Lin Tao, Yimeng Ou


Aims/Outcomes

Joint: Learn how to do vegetable and fruit dye. The outcome would be like a set design.
Lin Tao: I would like to try food design, which is different from what I am doing now. Food will touch all of the human’s sense, including smell, taste, visual and touch. In this project, I am going to explore the nature material’s taste and colour in Candy Floss. I would like to learn how to record the development of my idea and making process from Yimeng. 
Yimeng Ou: I always want to try natural dye, and this collaboration provides a chance for me to do some research and experiments. I am planning to use fruits to dye cotton fabrics. Then, I will make them into decorations for Tao’s candy floss. Through this project, I would like to learn Tao’s happy spirit during working. 

 Role

Joint: We will make decision, design, and buy materials for dyeing together. During the time we are working together, we will record the process for each other.
Lin Tao: Instead of using chemical products, I am going to give candy floss vegetables and fruits’ flavours and colours. The theme of the candy floss is based on the story of Alice in Wonderland, presenting a narrative environment in food and decorating design.
Yimeng Ou: The dyeing process will be separated, though most of our materials are overlaid. I need to find out how to dye and what kind of materials are suitable. Then I will dye at home. After I finish dyeing, following Tao’s theme, I will make the fabrics into settings for his candy floss.

 Methodology

We would like to work with each other, because we can solve the problem faster. But due to space limits, sometimes we will work separately. However, we will meet three times a week. Also, we will exchange our progress and feedback in time. Progress is mainly recored by sketches, texts, photos, and videos. We will curate and present together in the end.


Here I found some images online which may close to the material, technique I will use.






No comments:

Post a Comment